Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Another brush with death.

So after receiving a pretty bad human bite, "long story, dont ask," and letting it go for almost 2 weeks without treatment, even with the constant encouragment to go to the hospital by Hanshi Roldan and everyone else, I finally succumed to being literally dragged to Beth Israel Hospital by a well known local professional conga player Enrique Arrosa. Upon examination in the ER, it was discovered that the red lines that were appearing up my now both arms were a sign of blood infection. "Duhhh." What was I not thinking??? I was told that had I not came in to the hospital when I did, I may have died. After 3 days undergoing IV antibiotics, and various tests of my blood and heart, I was relesed yesterday with 7 days supply of oral antibiotics. Oh well............... maybe next time...........