Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Another one leaves us.


As much as I hate to be the announcer of doom, I must saddly say that Grand Master Bong Soo Han has passed. He was an early pioneer of HapKiDo in the U.S. as well as the actual person who performed 99.9% of ALL the martial arts in the various Billy Jack movies of the 70's. HapKiDo, as some of you know, is the Korean version of AiKiJitsu with a good bit of Fisticuffs and Kicking techniques added. Those of you old enough will also remember him in the spoof of Enter The Dragon done in a film called Kentucky Fried Movie. But most important, his film carreer aside, he was an extremely talented teacher and practitioner of his chosen art. A true master.
If you have an interest in his work, I suggest that you look at his book that can be easily obtained on ebay. Anyway, thats all for now. I must admit, even though my life has pretty much sucked recently, this is proof that it can always be worse. No?????