Wednesday, December 07, 2011

An interesting perspective on Khenfoia Padu.

Osu!

I received an e mail from from my senior and friend Dai Sensei Kow Loon "Kayo" Ong, in response to my piece about GMstr. Padu. As a youth in Sensei Urban's Chinatown DoJo, Kayo had much more interaction with GMstr. Padu than I ever did, and was gracious enough to give me the OK to post his message to me here.

Dear Steven:

Thank you for the notice.... I hope all is well???

I am very sorry to have learned of GM. Khemfoia Padu's passing.

Yes, Khemfoia Padu was a very unique man! He was giant of a man on the Dojo floor as being a big man physically. Hey, I was 110 pounds or less back then.... hahahaha. Believe it or not, when I was a youngster at Chinatown Dojo, I had always watched his fighting ways and skills with scrutiny. His ways and characteristic of fight had always intrigued me and then prompted me to seek ways as to answer an opponent with his capabilities. He was different and his differences worked for him very well!!! His "differences" had inspired me as well.... Anyway, another great elder lost....

Kayo